Monday, August 11, 2014

Homemade Ice Cream is the BEST!

Today I made homemade chocolate chocolate chip ice cream with my youngest two daughters, ages 7 & 14, what fun! We based the recipe on another Using 1 cup of whole milk (scalded), add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, stir salt & sugar into milk in pan (with the heat turned off). Add 1 & 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1 Tablespoon of powdered instant chocolate pudding mix, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa powder, stir until well mixed. Chill until cold. Put in ice cram maker, we used a Cuisinart ice cream machine, this was just the right amount, in our older, larger traditional ice cream machine (read use rock salt, ice, etc.) we would need double the quantities listed here. During the last 10 minutes we added about a cup of chocolate chips, then removed to a freezer Tupperware & place in freezer to get a firmer ice cream.

This turned out really well, next up we are looking at makin my youngest daughter's favorite, green mint chocolate chip ice cream & my favorite, Pink Peppermint Ice Cream, I can hardly wait!

I also taught my 14 year old how to make homemade bread & dinner rolls today, yes it was a productive day.

I will update with photos tomorrow.

No comments: